The uninspired correspondent scratches his scalp, but dandruff and lice, not words, fall onto the blotter.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Crime in South Africa

This is a clip from Louis Theroux's Law & Disorder In Johannesburg



South Africa fascinates and amazes me. I've met several South Africans in my life and nearly without fail they have been kind, fun, amazing people. The culture and life there seems so vibrant and engrossing. The country and it's people should be fiercely proud of the progress they've made since apartheid. That said, this clip sends chills to my core. With the level of crime South Africa has combined with its bleak economic outlook I wonder what path such a place can take toward a better future. They seem to have a nation-wide Broken Window Syndrome, and sadly it all looks rather hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers